Instant Pot Chicken Fiesta Bowl



So there's something I have to say before I share this recipe. I was NOT an instant pot believer. When I first heard you could put frozen pork chops in the instant pot and they could be on the table for dinner in less than an hour I did not believe it. I was certain there was no way they could be properly cooked. So, when thinking about making this recipe I searched several different chicken recipes. When I finally came up with a cooking time of 8 minutes I was still certain the chicken couldn't be cooked through and I would have to put it back in and add more time....BUT it was done! I am more of an instant pot believer than I was before. 
so here it goes...

INSTANT POT CHICKEN FIESTA BOWL



INGREDIENTS:

PAM spray
1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cups chicken broth, divided 
1 packet taco seasoning
1 packet ranch mix
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 cans corn, drained
1 1/2 cups salsa
1 1/4 cups long grain white rice, rinsed and drained


Toppings of your choice:
We like sour cream, cheese, and corn chips.


Spray bottom of the Instant Pot liner with PAM spray
Add 1lb boneless skinless chicken breast
Add 3/4 cup chicken broth


Sprinkle with taco seasoning and ranch mix


Add 1 can of black beans


Add 2 cans of corn


Add 1 1/2 cups of salsa


Add 1 1/4 cups of long grain white rice


Add 1 1/4 cups of chicken broth, make sure rice is fully submerged. Do not mix. 


Cook on Manual for 8 minutes


Allow to naturally release for 14 minutes


Remove chicken and shred


Since I am paranoid that the chicken will be under-cooked, I checked the temp to make sure it was at 160 degrees. 


Add shredded chicken to mixture and stir well


Serve with toppings of your choice

This as a HUGE hit with my family. All three of my kids (9,6, and 1 year old) and my husband LOVED it. 
My 9 year old suggested we call this "Mommy's Instant Pot surprise". 
This is easily going to become a staple at our house for busy nights. I was able to start it, help a kiddo with homework and get the baby ready for bed while it cooked. 



I think this dirty little face says he approved!


Please comment, share, and subscribe!

Thanks,
Keshia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I’m back!!!

Cooks Essentials 5.3 qt Air Fryer

Instant Pot Mashed potatoes and Our Favorite Corn